“CAUSE VILLAGE ART INITIATIVE” – PHILADELPHIA
ARTIST PARTICIPATION PROGRAM
TERMS OF SUBMISSION
Overview: The Made In America Cause Village Art Initiative Artist Participation Program (“Cause Village Art Initiative”) offers visual artists in the metro Philadelphia area (“Artists”, each an “Artist”) the opportunity to submit concepts and visual ideas to Roc Nation for the opportunity to design one letter in the Cause Village sign (rendering attached hereto) to be displayed at Made in America 2019 (as determined by Roc Nation in its sole discretion). By participating, each Artist agrees to comply with and be bound by these Terms of Submission and the decisions of Roc Nation, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Eligibility: The submitting Artist must be a legal resident of Philadelphia, PA eighteen (18) years of age or older who currently resides, and has resided for the prior nine (9) consecutive months, in the greater Philadelphia metro area. A parent or legal guardian who meets the above eligibility criteria may submit the art concept of an Artist under the age of eighteen (18). The submitting Artist cannot be a close relative, housemate, employee or contractor of any employee of Roc Nation or its affiliates.
How to Participate: Artists may apply by visiting madeinamericafest.com/causevillageart. Submissions shall include: the first name, last name, email address, short bio and a link to Artist’s art concept as set forth in more detail below.
- The art concept shall be submitted for consideration by providing a link to access the art concept on a third party file hosting service (e.g., DropBox, Google Drive, Box, etc.) and access to such concept via the link provided must be accessible by Roc Nation and available from the date of submission through thirty (30) days after the end of the submission period. The submitter must abide by all terms and conditions concerning use of the applicable website platform.
- The art concept must be able to be replicated by the submitting Artist on a letter structure roughly 10’x10’.
- The art concept must be able to withstand the elements, such as rain and direct sunlight.
- The art concept must be transferable to each of the following letters: A, C, E, G, L, S, U, V. Sign letters will be assigned to Selected Artists (defined below ) in Roc Nation’s sole discretion. Selected Artists may not receive their letter of preference.
- The art concept must be inspired by one of the following causes:
- Addiction and Substance Abuse
- Affordable Housing
- Animal Protection, Welfare, and Services
- Arts & Culture
- Community Development
- Climate Change
- Conservation and Environment
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Disease and Disease Research
- Disaster Response and Emergency Relief
- People with Disabilities
- Foster Care
- Economic Development
- Financial Literacy
- Human and Civil Rights
- Housing and Homelessness
- Medical Assistance
- Mental Health and Crisis Services
- Public Health & Safety
- Recreation and Sports
- Senior & Elder services
- Social Justice
- Violence Prevention
- Voter Rights & Registration
- Workforce Development
- Youth Development
- The Artist must be available to execute the art concept in person in Philadelphia on a date in early May 2019 to be determined by Roc Nation in its sole discretion (the “Design Event”). If Artist is not available on such date, Roc Nation reserves the right to rescind Artist’s invitation to design a letter and assign such letter to another submitting Artist.
- Art submitted must not disparage any other person or contain material that promotes bigotry, discrimination, racism, ridicule, mockery, or harm against any group or individual based on a health condition or illness, disability, race, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, or any other basis.
- By providing a link or otherwise submitting an art concept for consideration, the submitting Artist (or his/her parent or legal guardian, as applicable) represents and warrants that:
- The submission is Artist’s original work, and Artist has the right to use and replicate the art in all regards and to grant the rights herein.
- The submission does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, property, privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity.
- LIMIT: one (1) submission per person.
Submission Period: Artists may apply commencing on March 11, 2019 at 10:00 am EST and ending on March 24, 2019 at 10:00 am EST. Roc Nation’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the submission period. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Artist Selection: ROC NATION is not to select any particular number of artists. ROC NATION may elect, in its sole direction, not to select any artists for the aRT INITIATIVE. Due to the subjectivity of art, there is no exact science to determine when we will “feel” something, but we will know it when we see that “it” factor. We will look for creativity, originality, and the artist’s inspiration for the art concept.
Roc Nation will contact the potential Artists it has selected to design a Cause Village sign letter, if any (each, a “Selected Artist”) within thirty (30) days of the end of the submission period. Each Selected Artist, if any, will be notified by email, at the email address provided upon submission, that they have been selected and will have five (5) business days to respond.
The opportunity may not be transferred, sold or assigned to any other person.
In order to participate in the Cause Village Art Initiative, the Potential Artist will be required to enter into a license agreement and grant certain rights with respect to Artist’s design, use of the Artist’s design on the Cause Village sign, and use of Artist’s name and likeness in connection with Roc Nation’s use of such design independently and as integrated onto the Cause Village sign. If the Potential Artist elects not to enter into the applicable agreement, is not available for the Design Event, fails to respond to Roc Nation’s notification within five (5) business days, or is otherwise found to have violated the Terms of Submission (including the eligibility or submission requirements), Roc Nation will not be obligated to grant Selected Artist the opportunity to participate and neither party shall have any further obligation to the other except as set forth herein with respect to the submitted art concept.
License: With respect to all submissions, the submitting party agrees to the following:
- For good and valuable consideration, Roc Nation and its designees, licensees and assigns (“Licensed Parties”) are granted the right (but not the obligation) to display and promote all art concepts submitted by you (including the submission materials and design once incorporated onto the Cause Village sign) on the Made In America website and Roc Nation and Made in America social media channels without any further obligation to you and without any additional approval or compensation except as specifically provided for herein (“License Period”).
Release: By submitting art concepts for the Cause Village Art Initiative, each submitting party agrees to release and hold harmless, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Roc Nation, LLC, Made In America, and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim, lawsuit, complaint, action, cause of action (including any resulting losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses including reasonable outside attorney’s fees and legal expenses) (“Claims”) arising out of or in connection with the Cause Village Art Initiative, and the Selected Artist’s participation in the Design Event and Made in America Festival 2019, including, but not limited to, intellectual property infringement, defamation, right of publicity, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property.
General Conditions: Roc Nation reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the structure of the Cause Village Art Initiative in its sole discretion. Roc Nation reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Cause Village Art Initiative or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of Roc Nation may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Roc Nation reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Roc Nation’s failure to enforce any term of the terms and conditions set forth herein shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
A SUBMITTING PARTY WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS ROC NATION AND THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY FEES, ROYALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO HIS/HER SUBMISSION OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CAUSE VILLAGE ART INITIATIVE OR THE LICENSED PARTIES’ EXERCISE OF THE RIGHTS GRANTED AND CONTEMPLATED HEREIN.
Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied to them by any submitting party; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to shipping or other malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the submission process; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a person’s participation in the Cause Village Art Initiative.
Disputes: Except where prohibited, all parties submitting art concepts agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Cause Village Art Initiative shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by binding arbitration in New York County, New York; and (2) under no circumstances will submitting parties be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.